I’m a writer who loves to blog, curate, create, and cook! My son Nolan is now 4 months.
Secrets of a WOWMOM
The only secret there is to raising children is to do it with every ounce of your heart.
What inspires me
Women of my grandmother’s generation. They are tough stuff.
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
The Ergobaby Carrier and breastfeeding (often both at the same time).
My best WOWMOM advice
Don’t believe anything anyone tells you. Labours of love are life’s greatest pleasures.
My WOW moment
Giving birth naturally. I’ve never felt more energized or full of joy the moment I met him.
My not-so WOW moment
Can’t say I’ve had one yet! Hard moments make the great ones that much more valuable.
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
Favourite MOMent of the day
Always getting the first smile of the day when he sees me in the morning.
Does balance exist?
Absolutely, but you have to work for it.
My guardian angel
All the friends and family around me who show him so much love.
The last time I laughed out loud
Today. He is discovering how to make so many new noises and gestures, it cracks me up when he really goes at it!
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
Value honesty, consistency, and determination in this world. Find what you love in life, learn until you understand you know nothing, know that happiness exists in the dark, and remember that your father and I are forever loyal to you.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. Daily almond milk lattes (iced or hot)
2. Bumbo chair – little man loves sitting in it and watching me cook/do the dishes. Entertainment for him, hands free moments for me.
3. The Honest Company Oxy Boost Laundry Tabs/Lavender Stain Remover. The plant-based diaper subscription is also a must have (bub has never had diaper rash because of their natural nappies). I’m basically a huge fan of everything they do.
4. Aden & Anais swaddles. Because I use them as bibs, blankets, breastfeeding covers, sun blockers, and changing covers. I always have at least two on hand.
5. Ergobaby carrier. Little one can eat, sleep, or just hang out and watch the world go by in this. No fuss, maximum mom freedom.
6. The Kind Mama by Alicia Silverstone. Great book with great tips for the earthy/organic mom types. I especially love the natural “milk” recipe if you’re stuck and don’t want to go the formula route.
7. iPhone. For snapping pictures, answering emails on the go, playing games, or making edits – it’s my life managed in one little square.
8. Lush Cosmetics Angels On Bare Skin face wash. Smells like a soapy lavender and gives a gentle, milky scrub in the morning. When shower time is scarce, this feels like a mini retreat in the bathroom sink.
** WowMom Note: We love Robyn’s amazing fashion blog, Fashionista 514. She makes mommyhood look so good!