Editor-in-Chief and Founder of COCOLILY Magazine
A mommy who would go to the moon and back for her little boy (now turned 4), workaholic, lover of apple picking, red wine, Sinatra, dark chocolate, sunshine, and inspiring + motivating others.
Secrets of a WOWMOM
Organization, be loving but firm at the same time, live by example, run all the errands needed and don’t feel guilty for not spending ‘quality’ time with your child/children as even going to the grocery store can be quality time 🙂 . Set time aside on a weekend/evening to read a book or play a silly little game while they take a bath. Don’t feel guilty for not spending enough time with your child. Just being in the room with them, means the world to the little munchkin/munchkins.
What inspires me
My son: every day, through good and bad, he inspires me to be a better person
My circle of family/friends: I see the good and beauty in each woman and their battles, triumphs, tears and laughter
Past experience: has taught me good lessons and anything I create for work, comes as a result of my past experiences.
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
Breathing deep and reading (re-reading sometimes) Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer…and when my son is not having a tantrum, then his face is my sanity saviour and that smile can melt away a bad day…oh and a big hug and kiss makes me be able to take on the world.
My best WOWMOM advice
We are all living in a busy world with constant running around, chores and errands and it doesn’t help when ‘experts’ are telling us we don’t spend enough time with our kids. Do what you can, with the time that you have. Shut down your work after a certain time and just be with your little ones…whether it’s preparing dinner together, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry. They just want to be near mommy so don’t feel guilty if you can’t play with them for three hours on a weeknight – it’s sometimes not realistic. Quality over quantity is what matters most.
My WOW moment
Watching my son grow so I guess this is WOW moments as each day he fascinates me and makes me more proud to be his mommy.
My not-so WOW moment
Making banana bread on a regular basis and each time it turns out tasting different…go figure!
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
Recently this has been on my to-do list so good question! I’d say meditation early in the morning before my son wakes up (on my to-do list so this what I’d like to implement into my daily routine hehehe)….short and sweet workout in the evening…doing what you love for a career.
Favourite MOMent of the day
Picking up my son from kindergarten and seeing his smile.
Does balance exist?
What is balance? LOL Yes, it does – I think you just have to be organized in order to know how to make it work.
My guardian angel
My grandmother who passed away four years ago from a brain tumor – I’m sure she’s been watching my little man from the day he was born and praying for us.
The last time I laughed out loud
Last week at the health store with one of the ladies who always assists me; we were talking about hormones and how we can get at certain times of the month lol.
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
Follow your heart…believe in your dreams and pursue them…don’t let anybody bring you down and always know that mommy’s love is with you no matter what.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. Comfy jeans from the GAP.
2. Book titled Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer – has helped me start to see clearly and more positive.
3. Black Eyeliner – can’t leave the house without it on, especially on the bad hair days.
4. Apple Market – going there with my son is a tradition and includes him feeding the goats, watching the vegetable band play, buying freshly baked pie and cookies.
5. My Android – my entire schedule and calendar is on there and keeps me organized and sane (I’ve even scheduled positive quotes in there).
6. Church – just makes me calm and brings peace to me for the time I’m there.
7. Lake – taking a walk with my little man, getting a cupcake for him and Americano for me, having a nice chat at the cafe and then walking around and taking in the natural beauty.
8. Louise Hay – Power Thoughts book…keeps me focused some days and just provides inner strength for those days when I need it most.
** WowMom Note: don’t forget to check out Renee’s incredible online publication, Cocolily Magazine.