Founder & Creative Director of Maddy K Events Atelier
I plan events for a living…and have been blessed with two beautiful kids – George age 7 – who is in grade 1 and just loves school… and Adrianna age 3 going onto 16!
Secrets of a WOWMOM
I think there is no secret…I think all moms are wow moms…and as long as we keep smiling and loving – we will forever be WOWMOMS.
What inspires me
People inspire me. Seeing people following their dreams, seeing them reach for the stars!!! I am a people’s person and when I see someone that is just so in love with what they do and so happy – that inspires me because ultimately that’s the point of life…finding what you love to do and attaining happiness!
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
My iPhone is my time saver, because I am able to answer emails when I’m at ballet with my daughter, or at swimming with my son… the fact that I can sneak in a bit here and there has been my ultimate saviour!!!
My best WOWMOM advice
Make sure every single day you do something for yourself…it could be a coffee and 2 minutes of just meditating or going to workout, or a bath or going to the spa…or reading a book…ANYTHING!!! Create a cozy nook in your house that is YOURS…and go there either at night or beginning of your day and just take some time for YOU!
My WOW moment
For me, every moment I am breathing and living is a WOW moment…but if I need to pick the ultimate WOW moments in my life…there’s been three…my wedding day, the day my son was born and the day my daughter was born!
My not-so WOW moment
When I was a first time mommy and had to go back to work…the guilt I felt was not-so-wow…I would make myself feel sooo terrible for leaving my son and for following my dreams…it just was not a good time in my life.
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
It’s hard to keep it WOW but I find with years of practice it gets easier. You need to stay sane and the only way of doing it is not to lose YOU!!! A lot of women lose themselves once they have a family…they become their family…they lose their identity…don’t do that…Make sure you are still YOU and take care of YOU!!!
Favourite MOMent of the day
Early morning when everyone is asleep and I wake up and have my Holy Hour with of course my latté at hand.
Does balance exist?
Balance is a state of mind…at a given one time balance cannot exist, however if you spread it out throughout the year then yes balance exists. At times you will be work, work, work, because work is just demanding your attention, however on the flip side at times your kids will need your attention, whether it be sickness, a school project etc…so you give your time at what part of your life needs it most at the present moment, in hopes that at one point it balances it out and all aspects of your life gets equal amount of attention.
My guardian angel
GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. They are with me at all times and I know they are watching over me and guiding me through life.
The last time I laughed out loud
With my girlfriends I always laugh out loud… question is how often do I see them… goes back to the balance question… at times it happens that I see them back to back, and then at times, happens that months go by and we don’t see each other.
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
Follow your dreams. Always pray to God and have faith… If you have a dream…don’t be afraid to dream it, because it is attainable, but only if you work hard to achieve it. You need to be dedicated to your goals, and be consistent in your actions…that’s the only way you will make your dreams a reality.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. My Nespresso Machine – I think you all know why 🙂 Best latté’s ever!
2. Arbonne RE-9 Anti Aging Skin Care Line – AMAZING been using it for over a year it’s the best thing since sliced bread. If you’ve never tried it…try it.
3. TED Talk Videos – I try to watch one Ted Talk a day… it’s inspires me and gives me insight on so many things happening in the world.
4. Pinterest – Can’t live without it! It helps me document everything…from things that inspire me, to places I want to travel, to tips & tricks for the home, recipes, how to’s and any other information that I need. LOVE IT.
5. My iPhone – Just because I wouldn’t be able to do all that I do without it…bottom line.
6. Book – Money-Master The Game by Tony Robbins – Financial Self-Help book that will change the way you deal with money forever!!! It’s a new book…but definitely has impacted and changed my habits since I read it! If you’ll read one book this year… make it this book!
8. Instagram – I just love Instagram because it allows me to express myself and share my thoughts through images…I find it a bit more exciting than Twitter and I also feel with Instagram there is more of a connection with your followers! I like bringing them with me on my journey…although not always exciting, but definitely insightful.
** WowMom Note: We just love Maddy’s amazing, out-of-this-world events. Check out her website at MaddyK.com!