Principal, Sepia Fashion Trendsetter
I am Ly-na Toye. My husband, Jimmy, and I have three beautiful kids, Angel, Lola and JT. I am an entrepreneur. I own my own business, a fashion accessories company. One of the greatest perks of owning my own business is that I get to work from home. I try to get all of my work done during the day so that my evenings can be spent shuttling my kids to their various activities. Weekends are fun filled family time.
I have 3 kids, Angel age 7, Lola age 5, and James Tiger age 2-1/2. They really are my WOWkids.
Secrets of a WOWMOM
Multitasking and prioritizing are the keys to success. Unfortunately, lack of sleep is also a huge factor.
What inspires me
Watching my babies turn into little people as they learn more and more new things each day.
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
My coffee time.
My best WOWMOM advice
“One step at a time”.
My WOW moment
When all the kids are busy and you can hear a pin drop.
My not-so WOW moment
Not letting my kids play games on the iPad because I am too busy playing games on it.
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
With 3 kids, I always expect something wrong, so nothing surprises me anymore.
Favourite MOMent of the day
When the kids go to bed, all dishes are done, and a glass of Chardonnay is waiting for me.
Does balance exist?
Never, which is exactly as it should be.
My guardian angel
My mother. She is always there to lend a helping hand with love.
The last time I laughed out loud
When the kids scolded me for saying the word “stupid”.
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
Don’t count the days, make the days count.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. My iPhone – my form of communication with work, friends, and schedule.
2. Starbucks Vanilla Latte – my dose of caffeine for the day.
3. My lululemon gear – comfy morning day or night.
4. Sandy beach of Turks and Caicos – we spent our first family vacay as a family of 5. Some days are spent daydreaming of being swept back there.
5. My Tom Ford sunglasses – no matter how sleep deprived I may look or feel on any particular day, throwing on my Tom Fords makes me look human.
6. Nothing comes between me and my JBrands.
7. My Marc Jacobs Classic Q Lil Ukita Satchel Bag in Mink – seriously best mommy bag. Practical and chic all the way.
8. Diamonds are forever and a mom’s best friend.