I’m a singer and a teacher. Most importantly, I’m the proud mother of a beautiful eight month old named Gemma. I am currently taking some time away from work to be with my daughter. I feel that this time is privileged and I want to make sure I don’t miss anything in her development. I love to make her smile so I turn everything into a song, whether it is changing a diaper or making her eat. She seems to love it!
Secrets of a WOWMOM
I try to stay positive and if I get overwhelmed, then I ask for help.
What inspires me
The hope that my daughter will grow up to be all that she can be. That she will have a blessed happy and prosper life, filled with love and happy surprises.
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
I try to always be positive and make the best out of every situation. Even if I lack sleep, I think of how lucky I am to be spending some extra time with my daughter. Although it seems foolish, sometimes that actually helps me.
My best WOWMOM advice
It is very difficult as moms are always busy with very little time to do anything aside from taking care of our baby, but it is important to try to sleep when the baby naps.
My WOW moment
Some of her first smiles were my wow moments. For example, in the middle of the night as I was breast-feeding her, she would stop to look at me and smile. It was the best feeling in the world.
My not-so WOW moment
When my daughter was about 1 month old, I had to go to the hospital almost every day for about three weeks, due to a bad mastitis. I could not breast-feed her as I was on antibiotics and could not spend as much time as I wanted with her. It was not so great… However, it was WOW when once again, I was able to breast-feed her and she latched on very easily.
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
I try to still do the things that I enjoy, such as writing music and incorporating singing into everything that I do with my daughter. I also try to still take care of myself and make sure that I don’t forget my couple, friends and family.
Favourite MOMent of the day
When my daughter wakes up in the morning and greets me with a great big smile.
Does balance exist?
I think so. I feel that you have to create your own balance in your life. It just takes a lot more effort when you have a child.
My guardian angel
I feel very fortunate to have a husband that is extremely involved in our family life and that is able to spend a lot of time with my daughter and myself. I would say that having that and being part of a close-knit family is extremely important. I’m lucky to say that I have a few guardian angels.
The last time I laughed out loud
I laugh out loud almost every day. My husband and I love to laugh and we love to make our little Gemma laugh. It just makes us feel wonderful!
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
I never understood how much my parents truly loved me or my sisters but once you have your own child, you realize what true love is and how unconditional and precious of a gift it is.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. Organic Kidz stainless baby bottles that transition into sippy cups.
2. La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes to get rid of my dark circles and the puffiness caused by a lack of sleep.
3. My Bugaboo Donkey stroller for all of the storage when I take my daughter around.
4. My favorite chocolate ice cream Chocolate Trinity by Publix grocery store in the USA. It is so delicious and is my sugar fix everytime I travel to Florida.
5. Online shopping, as it allows me to get everything anyone in my family needs at the best price and with reviews.
6. PeaPod by Kidco, it is a pop up tent that is comfy and protects your child from UV rays and bugs when going to the beach or just being outdoors.
7. Going to see my hairdresser Lissa Monette at Salon Pure in Montreal. Getting my hair done makes me feel good about myself, and that’s part of keeping a good and happy balance in my life.
8. Gumdrop pacifiers by The First Years. They are very hygienic as they are made in only one piece. They are easy to clean and range from newborn to orthodontic.
9. My safari themed non toxic foam tiles by SoftTiles. They are super thick and look great in my house as they are black, white and grey.
** WowMom Note: Jacynthe’s new album “Music to the Sound” is available on iTunes including the Juno nominee for “Best Dance Recording of the Year” “Locked Down”, title song and the most recent single “Born to Love You”.