Writer behind Mumfection.com
I am a young mom to two rambunctious boys living in Vancouver B.C.! Born in 1987 I have had an early start to the whole parenting adventure and wouldn’t change it for the world. Becoming a parent and loving my family and putting that love into everything I work on has brought me so much joy.
Secrets of a WOWMOM
I like to think that I don’t really have any secrets; I am an open book when it comes to my any issues I have etc… I think the key is honesty with yourself and others around you as much as you possibly can. Another huge thing to me is making sure you cut out all the negativity in your life, which is such a hard thing to accept sometimes.
What inspires me
Every day I am inspired by my children and the amazing women I have surrounding me. I have such an incredible support system of friends I wish I could see all the time since they are such divine spirits and sources of incredible inspiration. So many of them floor me with how amazing they are with everything they do and have accomplished I am just so happy they are willing to share their time and lives with me and my family.
My sanity saviour (tips & time savers)
Good heavens find help. With my husband working out of town most weeks out of each month I have gone ahead and hired someone to help me three days a week. That alone has helped me keep my sanity as the mess would just pile up and swallow my family and I alive… the laundry alone… jeez! I also hate to sound like a broken record but get a calendar, something with stickers – make it fun. Things get crazy as a parent and you can only do your best so accept it when things go wrong it is okay. You are a great mom, even if you miss a practice or can’t make every event and even if you spent all weekend inside snuggling.
My best WOWMOM advice
Love with all you have all the time. You can never love enough and you can never tell the people around you enough that you love them.
My WOW moment
My biggest wow moment came to me when my own mother passed away just a few months after my eldest was born. I was so lost, had no idea how I would be a mother with no mother to guide me. It was hard. Through my grieving process I really learned how strong I was as a person, how I wanted my life to be, how I wanted to be treated as a human being myself, and how I wanted my children to be raised. Much like that first moment you hold your first child for the first time and you’re born as a mother, this moment hit me and HARD. I started to hold my ground, speak my mind and compromise so much better than I had been. Please remember I was only 20 at the time so this is probably combined with an identity crisis or whatever it is you’re supposed to have at that age.
My not-so WOW moment
Thinking I was doing everything wrong and making all the wrong choices. I am sure this happens to all us moms on a weekly/daily basis. Like most of us I still need to learn to not let these moments get to me.
Keeping it WOW (how not to lose yourself)
Never giving up on finding something that you want to do and not compromising by doing things you HATE doing. If you can find a way to do what you love, support your family and still see your family you will feel so fulfilled. Not talking just careers etc… I mean anything that makes you happy, if you love doing it with all your heart it is worth investing time in doing anytime you can. Your happiness matters to!
Favourite MOMent of the day
Hard choice. I am not a morning person so I would have to say that moment, on a good day, where you are putting the kids to sleep and you get those before bed snuggles. As my boys grow I need to hold on to these moments as tightly as possible.
Does balance exist?
I have no idea; I would love it if someone could tell me the answer to this. Maybe the answer isn’t finding balance but learning to be content in your accomplishments and doing your best to live your life the most you can each and every moment. Unless you are sick… moms need sick days too.
My guardian angel
My mother of course, she watches over my little family with a big smile and hopefully lots of belly rolling laughter. I mean my youngest is exactly like her and hilarious she must be just laughing up a storm.
The last time I laughed out loud
I think about five minutes ago. If you know me you know how bubbly and loud I am. Laughing is probably one of my favourite things to do; I also have a really quirky giggle habit. I literally giggle at the end of everything I say, people say it is cause I am nervous which I am sure is true sometimes. Other times it is honestly because I am down right hilarious.
Words Of Wisdom (Mom’s message to My Kids)
Again don’t waste your time doing things you don’t love to do. Love with all your heart and spreading love and kindness should be a priority in your life.
MY WOWMOM MUST-HAVES
Fave things, places and sanity savers for WOWMOMS!
1. Audiobooks, honestly your kids love reading to you why not have someone read to you for once?! This is the only reason I have finished a book since my kids have been born.
2. NAOT Footwear!!!!!! I have a pair for every season, soooo comfy super stylish, durable and work for any and all you can throw at them. You can check out my blog to see all the pairs I have (shameless plug).
3. Dishwasher. I have lived in more than enough places with two kids and no dishwasher to have learned that this is a MUST HAVE THING. For me I was literally told by a doctor that the reason my hands were cracked, peeling and gross was because I was doing the dishes too much putting them in water too long with super rough soaps. We now have one that hooks up to the sink in case we ever move we will never be without one again.
4. MAC Studio Fix powder. This stuff may be a bit pricey BUT it is worth every dime. Throw on some moisturizer, this powder, blush, mascara and you are good to go! No foundation crème needed on a good skin day.
5. Red Lipstick. Nothing improves your mood than a nice shade of red lip stick and EVERYONE can wear it, there is a shade that will work I promise.
6. More dresses, a girl can never have enough cute dresses.
7. Go get your eyebrows professionally done. I go to 4 Angels Beauty Care Inc. here in Vancouver B.C. they’re so sweet there every things comes with hugs kisses and a dash of therapy.
8. Weekly treat. I always go out of my way to buy both my boys a little treat every Friday after school, a tradition I am very fond of and that we hope to continue forever and ever! They look forward to it each week and you can totally home make something, just make sure it is extra special that is the whole point!
** WowMom note: Don’t forget to check out Eschelle’s blog Mumfection.com!